Planning to Write a Story? Learn How, with Sha Lini
In three ways, we can write a story:
• Choose your favourite theme first, then develop it with characters and create situations.
• Choose a character which impressed you, then develop situations and characters.
• Choose a situation or location that impressed you, then develop characters and theme.
- Give importance to each and every character, situation and idea. Be clear with your theme or main idea.
- Let your thoughts flow free and see wherever it goes. Do not use your intentions on the character.
- Be sure- ‘Character is Destiny’. End of every character should be based on his/her behaviour.
- Try to conclude the story with a moral, directly or indirectly. I recommend R.K. Narayan’s short stories to the beginners.
By Sha lini. Sha lini is the pen name of the author from India. She has written Re-collection of Confidence, Sweet Memories of the Spring, The Anthology for Harry James Potter and Harmless and Homeless. Her ebooks can be viewed at widbook.com/sha. Her printed books can be viewed at feedaread.com/profiles/4132/ and at createspace.com.
If you are an writer and would like to share your tips with the Widbook audience, write to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Writing Tips” on the subject. We are hoping to hear from you!